Friday, December 1, 2006

My time in Whistler...

Howdy again!

Ok, well Whistler... The day I arrived in Whistler after almost 3hrs on the bus I made my way through the snowy cold weather to Jo's place, a chick that Macca met when he was there. So I was going 2 be crashing on her couch for a while till i found a place to stay.

Whistler Village...
Time to find a permanent place to stay and a job... So i grabbed the local paper and searched through for jobs and accommodation. After speaking with a member of the Chamber of Commerce Canada a was informed that I couldnt get a job without having a SIN (Social Insurance Number) which I didnt have. So after alot of thinking I decided that I would just stay in Whistler for a week get a week boarding in.

Here's a photo of the place I was staying in...
So thats what I did. Slept on the couch at night, and boarded all day during the day! What a great holiday! It was really good just to relax and not worry about anything, jobs etc... Damn, this place got cold! For two of the days I was there the temperature dropped to around -28degC which froze the snot in my nose and couldnt breath through them!!! Lol...

So off to the USA...

No comments: