Saturday, December 16, 2006

5 days in LA...

Time for an L.A. update? I think so...

LA is ridiculously spread out and my legs found that out the hard way! The hostel was "centrally" located in the city. The location was pretty good but being LA everything just happened to be a long long walk or 2 buses away.

Day 1 I decided to just take it easy on the walking so I took a 2 buses to Santa Monica and spent most of the day around that area. I walked from Santa Monica to Venice Beach which is a pretty lively place, bikini clad women roller-blading, "natives" playing basketball and trying to sell their latest & greatest rap albums, street performers and beggers litter the walkways.Day 2 I spent at Universal Studios which was interesting but less exciting than what I had expected. It was interesting to see the movie sets that they use to film shows like Desperate Housewives. Apart from that there were a few rides and live shows to be entertained by. The next few days I spent wandering the city seeing the sites it had to offer, Hollywood sign, Rodeo Drive, Sunset Strip and the Walk of Fame. Walking to the Hollywood sign took me about 3.5hrs of solid walking from the hostel just to get there! I climbed up a large mountain to bring you all a good photo of the sign. Then I walked along to the Walk of Fame and watched a movie in the Chinese Theater where a lot of the premiers are shown! Didn't get any red carpet treatment tho :( Over my last 2 days in LA I think I walked about 40kms. My last day I was bored so I took a bus toward Venice Beach which went through Inglewood, I didn't get out but it did look very dodgy, lots of "natives" and rubbish lined the streets, just like in the movies! Spent the day relaxing down by the beach...

So I'm now in Miami and its raining so I cant spend my days taking in the sun on the beach. Ludacris is playing live at a club tonight for Scott Storch's B'day, I'll try and get in but the place looks a bit too classy for my current status. Might just have to get a box from the supermarket ($20) and drink that @ the hostel with the others... Tomorrow I'm off on a tour of the Everglades on a hovercraft so looking forward to that.

Next stop is New York and will be meeting up with Mick which I'm not looking forward too... ;) haha

Will update you all again from New York...

1 comment:

macca said...

L.A. is ridiculous to get around eh! Rachelle is in Floreda now but I'm not sure where. I think she's at Disneyland... I'm not sure how much you can expect from Mick in New York - he left his own farwell drinks at 10.30pm!!! I hope all your fellow travellers are showing you a good time mate! Check ya.
Mac